Last updated: December 17, 2020
Beauty Box LLC, a Delaware corporation (“Beauty Box”, “we”, “our”, “us”) operates the websites located at the URL www.mauj.me and any social media related thereto (together, the “Website”).
1. Age of consent
The content and products provided by us through the Website, are not intended for anyone under the age of majority and you should not access such content or purchase products if you are under the age of majority in your country of residence.
By using this Website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence and lawfully able to enter into and form contracts on the internet in accordance with such laws.
No information is knowingly collected or retained from children or minors (as such term is defined under applicable laws), nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website. No part of the Website is designed to attract children or minors. Children nor minors are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that anyone under the age of majority not submit any personal information to us or visit the Website.2. Personal Information we collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
We may collect the following Personal Information about you when you visit our Website:
- your name, age, preferred language, country;
- your contact details, including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), and email address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on our Website, including which items you store in your shopping cart;
- information about the device you use to browse our websites, including the IP address and device type;
- payment information: credit/debit card and other billing information, including cardholder transaction data, card numbers, expiration dates, billing addresses and CVV codes;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location, if your device’s settings allow it; and
- your correspondence and communications with us.
3. How we collect your Personal Information
We collect information through one or more of the following ways:
- when you register to subscribe to our newsletter;
- when you order a product or service;
- when you contact us by email and other communications;
- referring websites or third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram;
- the maintenance and analysis of Website server logs; and
- “cookies” (small text files placed by us on your computer(s)), single pixel GIF image files, Website server log analysis and other similar technological means.
[Location Information: We collect information about your location based on:
- derivations made from the IP address from which you connect; and
- if you consent (by accepting on your mobile operating system), the Global Positioning System (GPS) of your device when the App is running in the foreground (together, “Location Information”).
If you do not wish to share your GPS location with us, you can switch off GPS functionality on your mobile device. If you otherwise wish to withdraw you consent to us using cell ID data and GPS data, email us at email@example.com]
4. How we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for our business purposes, including to:
- Identify you and to provide customized information and offers of products and services;
- fulfill your purchases and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- Send you our newsletter and other communications;
- provide marketing messages, promotions, offers of products and services and other content which we think will be of specific interest to you, where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable);
- Improve our technologies including for the purpose of enhancing your experience on the Website; and
- Achieve our business purposes.
We collect and process your Personal Information:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g. processing payments for and fulfillment of the goods you have ordered);
- When we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your Personal Information in order for us to run a successful commercial organization (e.g. to communicate with you about updates regarding your order, to advertise products to specifically tailored for you, and send you updates to this policy);
- Where you have given your consent (e.g. to market products to you, to use Location Information) – please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
To ensure you are kept up to date with our products, we use Personal Information for marketing purposes, and may send you emails to update you on the latest offers and events. We may also show you online media communications through external social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, and external digital advertisers.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional emails at any time.
5. How do we make sure your data is secured?
To protect your Personal Information, we take reasonable precautions to try to ensure that it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organisational measures in relation to the processing of your Personal Information so that the processing will meet the requirements of applicable data protection laws and ensure the protection of your rights.
When you purchase our Products or Services, Personal Information collected through our Website is encrypted by Shopify using the HTTPS protocol for secure communication over a computer network.
Shopify also encrypts any sensitive stored information, and salts and hashes passwords using bcrypt.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
6. What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- the right to access Personal Information we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect Personal Information that we hold about you (the right to rectification);
- the right to object to processing of your Personal Information and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you;
- the right to prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances (the right to erasure) — for example, when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them;
- the right to have your Personal Information provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmitted to another data controller (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, you can always contact us by email to email@example.com
Where you have consented (or not opted out, as applicable), we add your information to our databases to contact you through future emails regarding site updates, upcoming events, new products and services and/or the status of orders placed online. We do not currently use geolocation for purposes of tracking your location when you use the Website, but we reserve the right to do so in the future in order to better target product and service offerings and other information to you.
7. Sharing of Personal Information Collected with Third Parties
We share your information with certain third parties, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services.
We will share certain of your information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders for products or services placed by you. We will share your credit/debit card data only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction, and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.
We may provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties, including Facebook, Instagram and others. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Website can permit these third parties to see information about you and your activities via cookies and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
9. Tracking Pixels
We employ a software technology called tracking pixels (a/k/a web beacons/web bugs/clear gifs) that enables us to better manage the content on the Website by informing us what content is effective. Tracking pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of visitors to a website. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on website pages and are about the size of the period at the end of a sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by tracking pixels to your personally identifiable information.
10. Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track the movements of users around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
11. What types of cookies and other Web Technologies do we use and how do we use them?
The types of cookies and similar technologies used by us and our partners in connection with the Website can be classified into one of five categories, namely ‘essential Website cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’, ‘advertising cookies’, and ‘social media cookies’. Cookies do a lot of different tasks to ensure you enjoy your visit to our Website, for example, they are used to remember your preferences on our Website, to help you navigate between pages more efficiently, to enable you to log into your account more easily and to make sure the adverts you see on our Website are relevant to you and your interests. We have set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
You can block these cookies and similar technologies by changing your browser setting. However, in relation to those that are essential for the operation or improve the functionality of the Website, this may impact your use of the Website.
Type of cookie
What it does
Cookies necessary for essential Website purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with the Website and any services available through this Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Website, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided.
These cookies allow us to:
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Website.
We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. For more information on Google Analytics, see here. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
These cookies allow us to:
Social Media Cookies
On some pages of our Website, third parties that provide applications through our Website will set their own cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us.
These cookies are used when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus) as the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, the third party will be able to link information about you with your actions via cookies.
12. Opting Out
If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you email, postal mail or other messages about our products and services, you can opt out. To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line.